Whole-patient, Family-centric Cancer Care
You deserve access to the most comprehensive cancer care, which is why the Emanuel Cancer Center provides:
- Patient-focused treatment based on science
- Multi-disciplinary physician involvement in individualized care planning
Our experienced oncologists and staff focus on you. As a patient you’ll have the advantage of advanced technology, a patient-friendly environment and a host of support services.
Our Cancer Center also includes the Stanford Emanuel Radiation Oncology Center and the Ruby E. Bergman Women's Diagnostic Center.
Genetic counseling services
If you have had cancer, have cancer, have cancer symptoms or have a family history of cancer, you can take advantage of our genetic counseling services with a referral from your physician. You’ll get an accurate risk assessment and suggestions for and arrangements for genetic testing.
Emanuel Cancer Center is proud to be able to provide a Nurse Navigator, who coordinates all aspects of care from diagnosis to treatment and continues on through the post-operative period.
Our social services are available to help all patients, families and caregivers. We’ll help you and your family:
- Better cope and adapt to cancer and its effects
- Mobilize support systems, including family and community resources, to enhance emotional support while respecting dignity, confidentiality and rights
- Assist and educate survivors in navigating the healthcare system
- Assist in the completion of advanced directives and/or physician’s orders for life sustaining treatment
- Identify suitable networking options such as support groups and complementary therapies
- Screen for psychosocial distress and help find solutions
Our chaplain services include specialized education to mobilize spiritual resources for you and your family.
Our onsite financial counselor is available Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. or by appointment. For more information call (855) 604-4263.
Support groups and classes
We offer a variety of support groups for patients and families, including:
- Cancer in Your Life support group: For all adult cancer patients
- Monkey Business: A support group for kids, ages 5-17
- Look Good, Feel Better: Beauty techniques for women who are undergoing radiation and chemotherapy
- YAC (Young Adults with Cancer): A support group for young adults ages 18-39 who have been diagnosed with cancer
The Emanuel Cancer Center offers other services, including:
- Nutrition services
- Wig and scarf room
- Cancer resources and materials