Financial Assistance Program
Help getting your medical expenses covered
The Emanuel Medical Center commitment to providing you with quality care includes working with you and your insurance carrier to help manage costs.
In the event that you do not have insurance coverage, alternate funding and payment plan options are available for you. Here are some financial assistance programs:
Uninsured discount program
If you are uninsured, we have Compact with Uninsured discounts. Patient advocates can assist you in understanding all of the rules of eligibility for these discounts.
Medical Eligibility Program (MEP)
The MEP program is a service Emanuel provides to you free of charge. You may be interested in this program if you are under the age of 21 or over 65, or have children in the household, are pregnant, are potentially disabled or have been a victim of a crime. Patient advocates are here to assist you with the process. You may also qualify for other government programs including:
- County Indigent
- Victims of a Violent Crime Fund
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Supplemental Security Income
- Social Security Disability
You can download an application for Medi-Cal online.
Charity Care Program
The Charity Care Program may cover some or all of your hospital expenses depending on your household income. You must meet one of the following criteria to qualify:
1. You have no insurance or third party that will pay all or part of your bill and a family income of no more than 400% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
2. You have a third-party insurance coverage but you do not receive a discounted rate from Emanuel due to that coverage. Your annual out-of-pocket costs for medical expenses must exceed 10% of your family income in the last 12 months.
To get more information about these programs or to determine eligibility, please call (888) 233-7868 and our patient advocates will help you.
Payment Plan Agreements
Doctors Medical Center Modesto offers a Payment Plan Agreement which provides the ability to spread out payments over time.
Read more about payment plan agreements