Emanuel Medical Center Launches Contest to Name New Surgical RobotDec 3, 2018
Turlock, Calif. – Emanuel Medical Center has launched a “Robot Naming Contest” for its new da Vinci Xi Surgical System. The hospital is asking local children to put on their creative thinking caps and help give it a name.
Entry forms have been distributed to all Turlock Unified School District elementary students, and will also be available in the Turlock Journal throughout December. The contest ends at 11:59 p.m. on Jan. 4, 2019. A panel of judges – comprised of Emanuel employees – will choose the winners based on creativity and originality. Winning entries will be announced no later than Jan. 21, 2019, on Emanuel’s Facebook page.
The naming contest is just one way the hospital is marking the arrival of its new da Vinci Xi Surgical System, which is designed with the goal of further advancing the technology used in minimally invasive surgery.
Emanuel Medical Center has been utilizing robotic-assisted surgeries for orthopedic procedures for more than a year, and is now adding more advanced technology to help make minimally invasive surgery options a reality for more people.
The da Vinci Xi Surgical System can be used across a spectrum of minimally invasive surgical procedures and has been optimized for multi-quadrant surgeries in the areas of gynecology, urology, thoracic, cardiac and general surgery.
“The da Vinci Xi Surgical System is the pinnacle of minimally invasive surgical technology, providing superior optics, improved ergonomics, and precise instrumentation. The result is smaller scars, faster recovery and better outcomes for patients,” said Lani Dickinson, CEO of Emanuel Medical Center.
The new system offers three dimensional high definition visualization and allows for enhanced dexterity and greater precision and control for the surgeon. The surgeon is 100-percent in control of the robotic-assisted da Vinci System, which translates their hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body. Other benefits include reduced trauma to the body, reduced blood loss and need for transfusions, less post-operative pain and discomfort, less risk of infection and less scarring.
As Emanuel continues to unveil its new da Vinci Xi Surgical System, be on the lookout for opportunities to meet the robot and take it for a test drive in the coming months.
Robot Naming Contest Rules:
- Contest is open to all school age children in the Emanuel Medical Center service area.
- Limit one (1) entry per person.
- Entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. PST on Jan. 4, 2019.
- Entry must include student’s full name, age (at time of entry) and school’s name.
- Entry must include contact information for parent or legal guardian to award prize: full name, telephone number and email address.
- Entries will be judged by Emanuel Medical Center staff.
- The decisions of the judges will be final and binding in all respects.
- If duplicate names are submitted and selected, the judges may award more than one prize.
- Winning entries will be announced no later than Jan. 21, 2019, on Emanuel Medical Center’s Facebook